All Castlemakers events free and open to all unless otherwise noted! You can also sign up for our monthly events email at this link.
In March Open Shop at the Makerspace (19 E. Franklin) is on Saturdays 9 am-12 pm and 7-9pm on Tuesdays. You can bring a project to work on or just visit! See our four 3D printers, laser cutter/engraver, desktop CNC mill, hydroponics, Arduinos/Raspberry Pi’s, & use the building/ making library.
A Learning to Solder class will be taught at the Makerspace on Wednesday March 20th at 6:30 pm. There is a small charge, please see our classes webpage for more information.
The Castlemakers CoderDojo, a free volunteer-led, community-based programming club for young people, meets the first Saturday of every month. Our next meeting will be Saturday April 6th from 1-4 pm at 19 E Franklin St. Drop in anytime during that period to learn coding or just have some fun…
The next Pi Makers Meetup, a group to discuss all things Raspberry Pi, will meet on Thursday 4/17 from 7-8 pm. Join us to learn, share knowledge, and even build with Raspberry Pi’s. We’ll explore transmitting audio using a Raspberry Pi (a PIrate Radio Station!).
- Putnam County Auxiliary Communications is offering an Amateur Radio Technician level licensing class to get your FCC license beginning on Saturday March 16th at 9:30 am. Contact George Edenfield (KB9RZK) for more information.
Regional STEM/Maker Events
- March 9th the 2019 Indiana VEX Robotics State Championship will be at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis.
- The Midwest RepRap Festival is March 29th in Goshen, Indiana. Called the world’s greatest 3D Printing Meetup by Hackaday & people coming literally from around the world, great way to find out the latest in 3D printing. Expect a crowd, by Jan 2019 they already had over 1100 registrants & 420 printers.
- The 3rd Annual Indiana CoderDojo Hackathon will be Saturday, July 20th at DeveloperTown in Indianapolis. Castlemakers has had winning teams at the last 2 events!
- Makevention will be held this year August 24th in Bloomington.