All Castlemakers events free and open to all unless otherwise noted! You can also sign up for our monthly events email at this link.
In May Open Shop at the Makerspace (19 E. Franklin) is on Saturdays 9 am-12 pm and 7-9 pm on Tuesdays. You can bring a project to work on or just visit! See our four 3D printers, laser cutter/engraver, desktop CNC mill, hydroponics, Arduinos/Raspberry Pi’s, & use the building/ making library.
We’ll be offering two classes this month:
– We’re offering a Photogrammetry class on Saturday May 11th at 1:30 pm. Learn how to make 3D objects from photos and videos.
– On Saturday May 18th we’ll offer a class on Solar Energy – How does it compare with the Alternatives?
More details about both on our classes webpage.
The next Pi Makers Meetup, a group to discuss all things Raspberry Pi, meets on Thursday 5/23 from 7-8 pm. Join us to learn, share knowledge, and even build with Raspberry Pi’s.
The Castlemakers CoderDojo, a free volunteer-led, community-based programming club for young people, meets the first Saturday of every month. Our next meeting will be Saturday June 1st from 1-4 pm at 19 E Franklin St. Drop in anytime during that period to learn coding or just have some fun…
We’ll be open for First Friday, June 7th, from 6-8 pm.
Regional STEM/Maker Events
- The 3rd Annual Indiana CoderDojo Hackathon will be Saturday, July 20th at DeveloperTown in Indianapolis. Registration is open now. Castlemakers has had winning teams at the last 2 events! We’ll have some kids going again from Castlemakers CoderDojo, there’s more info at our CoderDojo.
- Makevention will be held this year August 24th in Bloomington.
- The 4th Annual Putt Putnam County mini-golf event will be at the October 4th First Friday in downtown Greencastle. Last year we had 11 mini-golf holes, let’s shoot for a full course of 18 this year!