Castlemakers offers classes to the general public, sometimes with a modest charge, so you can learn new things and technologies and also to help satisfy that inner desire to make something. We do ask that you register for these classes so we can make sure we have enough equipment and components for the particular class.
Take our survey to tell us what classes your interested in.
- Our next class is an Introduction to Electronic Cutters/Drawing Machines (i.e. Cricut or Silhouette). In the two hour class you’ll get to make a holiday items (a card or decoration) and take it home. Class date is Thursday 12/7 at 6:30 pm.
The class is targeted for people 13 and older (or 8-12 with an adult) and no experience is necessary. Cost is $10 or free for members. Space is limited, email us for reservations at classes@castlemakers-dot-org.
Let us know what else you’re interested learning!
- In our October 25th class we covered the basics of 3D printing software and then created a Halloween themed 3D object in Tinkercad. Folks got to print them out and take them home!
- On Wednesday September 20th class participants designed an acrylic keychain in Inkscape and then used our 50 watt laser cutter to make it.
- Learning to Program Arduinos was on Tuesday August 29th, from 7-8:30 pm. Folks learned about Arduinos with a special emphasis upon sensors. They learned the basics of an Adafruit Circuit Playground and then programmed one to use some of the sensors, including the accelerometer, light, and sound sensors of this Arduino based module.
- Intro to 3D Printing Design was on Saturday July 8th. In the class people created a custom designed ring for their finger then added something they made on top of it. It was a great introduction to TinkerCAD, and then we printed it out for them to take home.
- Learning to Solder was offered on Saturday May 20th. Attendees built an LED Chaser which is sometime called a Larson Scanner (think KITT & Cylons). Cost for the class was $15 or $7 if you’re a Castlemakers Member.