Basic idea page for now, will update with the team work as it develops.
Catapults we’re making
- ‘Quick & Easy’ wooden catapult using 2×4’s. We modified this design to make it work.
- Simple torsion design that uses 2×4′ s.See below for more on torsional catapults.
Bigger Trebuchet design:
We’re looking into a combination of one of these:
- Ten foot tall trebuchet that uses mostly 4×4’s, claims a 6# rock 140′, but uses 220 lbs. of counterweight.
- 6′ tall 2×4 design that should fit in a garage.
- Should we add a floating arm to our trebuchet design? Check out this video – bowling ball warm-ups before the pumpkin launch!
Websites with Torsional Catapult suggestions:
- Rope size advice & how much.
- Seige-engine.com has a discussion on torsional bundles advice for rope.